Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What are the different effect of A.D.D/A.D.H.D In Early Childhood

Attention Deficit Disorder (A.D.D) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (A.D.H.D)
is a disorder that is real, it can affect either children or adults. This disorder effect has a higher percentage in boys than girls.  Some signs to look for are inattentive,hyperactive and impulsive. Most people believe that all children with A.D.H.Dor A.D.D. are hyperactive. There are some children have the disorder and are not hyperactive. Children that have this disorder may have to be put on medication to control their behavior. 

As a childcare provider I have work with children that had A.D.D/ A.D.H.D. I had to make changes in my program to ensure that the child would have a safe learning environment. My first experience with a child with A.D.H.D was a few years ago. When the child first started my daycare program he didn't want to interact with the other children. The parent informed me that the child was diagnosed with A.D.H.D and he also had a behavior disorder. He had to be put on medication to control his disorder. Before he started the medication he was very hyper and most of the time he would disrupt the class.  It was very hard for me to run my class and I had to find different ways to ensure that each childwas getting what they need. Once on his medication, his behavior began to improve.

He was able to interact with the other children without any problems.  My class was clam and I was able to run myprogram without any problems.  A.D.H.D isa real disorder, when a child has this disorder the child may need to be put on medication. As a childcare provider I have learned that this disorder can be control with medication and with small changes in your
program so that the child will feel safe and secure. Once the child was on the medication the child was easier to work with and didn't cause problem.   Having a daycare I have work with different children and they all have different behaviors, but to me the most important thing is to show the children love and make the child feel safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment